How to Resolve the Error Code 6000 of the Printer Canon?
Canon is one of the popular choices of the people. With many advanced features, Canon printers are a helpful device to make printing more accessible and faster. But, sometimes, it displays some error codes and prevents you from doing your print job. You have to troubleshoot these error codes to run your essential print job. Error Code 6000 is one of the errors of the printer Canon that is caused by several reasons. Some of the reasons are:
- Paper jamming or the tray is placed incorrectly.
- Print job stuck due to a large number of documents.
- Overload due to multiple printing commands at once.
- Issue because of the outdated printer drivers.
- The incorrect setting of the printer Canon.
- The printer is not connected to the system properly.
Here, you will know some methods to fix the error code 6000 of the printer Canon.
Method 1: Fix the Error Code 6000 by Restarting the Printer
When you restart the printer, the error codes might get resolved. To reset the printer, follow the steps below and fix the issue.
- Firstly, switch off the printer, and unplug the printer cable from the power socket.
- After some time, re-insert the printer’s power cable into the wall socket and turn on the printer.
- Press the power butter button of the printer and hold it for some time.
- Now, press the Stop button of the printer twice. Repeat this step and release the power button.
- After that, press the Stop button of the printer up to four times.
- Lastly, verify whether the error code 6000 of the printer Canon is still displayed or not.
Method 2: Check for the Paper Jamming in the Printer Canon
If the above method does not resolve the error code 6000 of the printer Canon, try fixing the problem with the help of the second method. The error can also occur because of the paper jamming in the printer Canon.
- Open the access door of the printer and check for the stuck paper.
- Remove the paper if there is a stuck paper inside the printer.
- Make sure you remove all the stuck paper pieces from the printer.
- Once you remove all the paper pieces, pull out the paper tray.
- Again, insert the paper tray properly inside the printer.
- Load the paper again on the paper tray of the printer.
- Lastly, restart your printer Canon.
Method 3: Try to Resolve the Issue by Updating the Printer Driver
When you do not update the software of your system, then also there is a chance that you can get the error code 6000 while using the printer Canon. Therefore, you must update the drivers and software of your printer. To update the printer’s driver, you can follow the below steps.
- From the Start Menu, go to the Device Manager of your system.
- Locate the “Network Adapters,” expand it and choose your device.
- Right-click on the icon of the device and hit on “Update Driver.”
- After that, select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Press the OK button to confirm and wait till the update process finish.
- Lastly, restart the system and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 4: Check for the Correct Settings of the Printer Canon
Here, you must correctly connect the printer to your system. You can use the below steps to check the printer Canon settings. If none of the above methods resolves the problem, then you can choose this last method to fix the printer Canon issue.
- From the Start menu, go to the Settings and select “Devices.”
- In the “Printers and Scanners” section, search for your printer.
- If your printer Canon is not visible, click on the option “Add a printer or scanner.”
- Now, the system detects your printer and makes it visible. Ensure that the printer is ON and connected to your system correctly.
You can resolve the error code 6000 of the printer Canon with the help of the above helpful methods. Try to find the exact cause of the error and troubleshoot it using the above-given methods. If you cannot resolve the printer Canon issue, then take the help of customer support.
Q1- Can a physical object blocking a paper tray cause error?
Ans- The answer is yes. The physical object might prevent the paper feed tray from opening. When you cannot open the paper feed tray, this causes the error code 6000 on your Canon printer.
Q2- What is the easiest way to resolve the error code 6000?
Ans- Whenever you find an error code 6000 or any other issue on your Canon printer, you can try the reboot process. Restarting your system helps resolves a lot of problems with your Canon printer.
Q3- What is the leading cause of the error code 600 in the Canon printer?
Ans- There are many causes of the error code 6000 in the Canon printer. You need to find the exact cause of the error and resolve them. The error can be because of the outdated printer drivers, multiple print jobs at once, Etc.